Rental opening hours
Monday – closed
Tuesday – Friday 10:00 – 17:30
Saturday – Sunday 12:00 – 15:30
Kayak rental is free
Rental time – 2 hours
How to rent a kayak
Come ti the Bydgoszcz Canal Museum at 10 Staroszkolna Street.
Show your ID card and sign the rental agreement (the agreement template can be found below). We rent kayaks only for adults.
Take your kayak, oars, life jacket ond take them to the Old Bydgoszcz Canal – it’s only 100 meters from us.
We only offer 2-person kayaks
Swim on the Canal and enjoy nature.
After two hours, return the kayak along with the oars and life jacket to the museum.
- The kayaks are the property of the Bydgoszcz Canal Museum of Sebastian Malinowski.
- Kayak rental is free of charge.
- The kayak rental time is 2 hours.
- If, after 2 hours from the declared date of return, the borrower does not return the rented equipment or inform about the expected date of return, it will be treated as theft and will be reported to the police.
- In order to rent a kayak, the borrower mus be present a photo ID.
- The rental employees may refuse to borrow wihout giving reson, if they find the borrower unreliable. Kayaks are not rented to people under the unfluence of alcohol or other intoxicants.
- When renting a kayak, the borrower takes full responsibility for any damage cused during one use from moment of signing these regulations until the kayak is returned.
- In the event breakage, damage or theft of the kayak, the borrower is obligated to cover the damage in fully (the fee for the stolen kayak with its exipment is PLN 3,500).
- The rental company reserves the right to refuse to accept the equpment if its damage is so signisiant thet the rapair becomes unprofitable. In this case, the customer undertakes to pay the amount covering the cost of purchasing new exuipment (PLN 3,500).
- The borrower waives any claims against the rental shop in the Bydgoszcz Canal Musem in respect of accidents, damages or injuries caused during the use of rented kayaks.
- The rental shop at the Bydgoszcz Canal Museum guarantees that all the rented kayaks are fully operational. The rental company is not responsible for any defects hidden in the materials).
- Kayaks are rented and returned at the Bydgoszcz Canal Museum at 10 Staroszkolna Street (from 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Tue-Fri and 12:00 a.m. 50 3:30 p.m. Sat-Sun).
- The borrower’s signature on the rental agreement means that they accept the regulations of the rental shop and conclude an agreement with the Museum.